Wednesday 23 November 2011

Squished Witch bookmark

I've seen some pictures around recently of bookmarks that look like the Wicked Witch of the Easts' legs, all squished up between the book (unfortunately I can't remember where on the web), and though it would be a sweet christmas/birthday present for my lovely Irish friend Anna, who is an English graduate. So I set about making and painting some clay witches legs!


I used Jovi clay, and I think next time I work with it I'll try to have a  wee bit more patience with smoothing it down and sealing it before I paint. I think the roughness adds a bit of rustic charm to it (cough*notanexcuse*cough). I think it turned out pretty cute, though, and the bookmark portion I painted to look a bit textured and 'old', I guess, also with a small 'Anna' written up the top. I forgot to take a photo, and at the moment I am using the bf's camera, which actually requires some knowledge of light ect, which I do not possess, so I'm finding it tricky to focus the images. Anyway, in a couple of weeks I'll have my point-and-shoot back with me. Yay!

1 comment: