Sunday 4 December 2011

New books on the way..

So I have been making things, but no pictures still! I get my camera tomorrow, but we are moving in the meantime so I'll try to take some pictures next week. BUT! I have ordered some new sewing books which I am excited about! I negotiated with my brother to get them as a Christmas present, so he's paying most of it!
I've ordered all three of these,
I've heard they are all very good and informative, and I'm especially looking forward to the fabric sewing guide as I don't really know anything about different fabrics, I'm pretty instinctual when it comes to buying for a project. I'm not sure if I'm up for the couture just yet, but sometimes I really don't like a finish so I was looking for a book to give me options. Does anyone have these? Found them helpful?
Next up.. trying to get someone to buy me some new thread and fabric for Christmas (hint)!

3 comments:

  1. I got all three of them! Hardly used Fabric Manipulation (I think I will, later). Fabric guide is an essential reference. Couture Sewing techniques is excellent! I consult it every day - Shaeffer's DVD is also great, for more visual learners.

    Btw, thanks for joining my blog and was nice to discover yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was actually reading yours that made me finally get them! :D I'd been eyeing each off for a while, but was umm-ing and ah-ing until I saw that you found them so helpful, and so I just went and did it.

    Your darting techniques on Burda are really helpful too, funnily enough I'd used them aaaages ago!

    ReplyDelete